Shows » Laguna Limelight
Laguna Limelight centers on popular, underground and emerging electronic music. The show also brings news on local music festivals and events, as well as providing outlets for learning to DJ and produce all sub-genres of electronic music. Specials include: interviews, guest DJ visits, ticket giveaways and more. Hosted by Scott David and Steve "The Ruckus" Whelan,
The Limelight was a chain of nightclubs owned by nightclub czar Peter Gatien in the 1970's. The King of New York Clubs was responsible for bringing massive attention to new styles of music. In the 1990s, The Limelight was better known for techno, house and industrial music.
We continue this trend with more sub-genres of Electronic Music.
- Crate Digs: pull and listen to the most classic tracks of all time
- Interview with local DJs, producers and artists (once a month)
- Updates on local music festivals and events
- Quick Tips: how to DJ, produce, DAW (Digital Audio Work Station), etc.
- Producer of the Month: discovery of a producer once a month
- Free form one-on-one with Scott and The Ruckus; everything and anything
- Scott David Facebook Profile
- The Ruckus Facebook Profile
- Web Blog(Events, Updates and more)
- Limelight Soundcloud
DJ Aden spends us a visit with some incredible mixing of house.
I've been djing house music since 1998 specializing in funky tech-house. I prefer turntables over cdjs as I like to scratch in my sets.
My early influences were djs Bad Boy Bill, DJ Dan, Angel Alanis and Carl Cox. They always played the best funky techno & house and.
What really changed my view of djing was seeing Bad Boy Bill mixing acapellas and scratching live over house tracks.
For the most part, nobody did that at the time and without him I wouldn't be the dj I am today.
Tonight on Laguna Limelight we have aspiring DJ Collin Chiu behind the wheels of steel. Yes, actual turntables and real vinyl records. A delightful house/disco/vocal mix we be the musical genre of choice for this episode. Ticket giveaways and a few topics consisting of the music and Collin as a DJ.
Jay Subido who has released under the 'A Dirty Mind' alias (Crackling Claps) is a House/ Techno DJ, an occasional producer and small-event promoter who utilizes his own personal taste in music to create crossbreeds of nostalgia.
– Under the name Battery Park, etc. performed as an opening act for various artist/concerts - i.e. the Beastie Boys, Salt ‘N’ Pepa, Original Concept (MTV Raps’ Dr. Dre)., Freedom Williams (pre C&C Music Factory).